YWCA Dayton is dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women, and promoting peace, justice, freedom, and dignity for all.
Leading the way for every woman to become a driving force behind her own success in a community free of racial and economic barriers.
- Respect – Highest regard for staff, clients, residents, and visitors; to appreciate that everyone has worth and treating them as such.
- Commitment – We pledge ourselves fully to the community we serve; our clients and residents.
- Diversity – Accepting and respecting all others regardless of any difference. An environment free of hostility and intolerance where all are offered equal opportunity.
- Integrity – The quality of having high moral principles, being reliable and trustworthy. It’s about keeping ones word.
In pursuit of this mission, YWCA upholds the following values in philosophy and practice:
- We believe in and promote racial justice and economic empowerment.
- We believe in the unique and often unrealized role of women in community leadership.
- We believe in encouraging and mentoring young women under 30 to become decision makers within the YWCA and the community at large.
- We believe all women need support, encouragement and the mentoring of other women to achieve their highest potential.
- We believe in and promote advocacy, community service, collaboration and using our success for the benefit of others.
- We believe in and promote stewardship of resources, integrity and accountability through fiscal responsibility, self evaluation and reporting of all activities .and service outcomes.
- We believe all YWCA clients, staff and volunteers are entitled to respect, equal access to quality services and fair treatment.