Sexual Assault Program Manager | Position Description
YWCA Dayton, dedicated to the empowerment of women and the elimination of racism, seeks an energetic, dedicated person to be an integral part of the leadership team. The Sexual Assault Program Manager is responsible for ensuring that quality supportive services are provided to survivors of sexual assault and their families and for participating in a variety of activities and services to promote awareness, education, and training on issues related to sexual violence. This person supports the vision, mission, and values of YWCA Dayton.
- Provide leadership, direction, and support to the YWCA Dayton Sexual Assault Program.
- Directly supervise Sexual Assault Program team of advocates and educators.
- Participate in policy development and review, strategic planning, and program analysis to ensure optimal client satisfaction.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with other agencies that serve survivors of sexual assault in Montgomery and Preble counties, including medical personnel, law enforcement, advocacy groups, and other community professionals.
- Establish and maintain ongoing relationships with relevant community partners, including but not limited to campus staff, community service organizations, business owners, military personnel, correctional staff, and local community activists.
- Ensure the implementation of trainings to agency staff and other community service providers on issues related to sexual assault.
- Generate and maintain required records, reports and statistical data for program and ensure that supervisees comply with agency policy and procedures and meet deadlines in timely manner.
- Maintain forward-thinking mindset in maintaining data for potential grant opportunities and reporting requirements.
- Maintain YWCA Dayton accreditation and membership in Ohio Victim Witness Association, and Ohio Alliance to End Sexual Violence.
- Represent YWCA Dayton at relevant local, state, and national meetings.
- Serve as back-up for Sexual Assault advocate as needed.
- Maintain small client caseload, not to exceed 5 clients.
- Manage and facilitate YWCA Dayton Sexual Assault Support Groups.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Flexibility and the ability to handle emergency situations.
- Sensitivity to the needs of individuals and families in crisis.
- Strong analytical skills – ability to solve problems, make decisions, perform crisis intervention, etc.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Willing to follow supervisory directions and attend trainings, staff meetings and conferences as needed for the position.
- Good computer skills, with the ability to maintain accurate electronic records.
- Good communication and interpersonal problem resolution skills.
- Working knowledge of typical needs and issues of target population.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in education, communications, criminal justice, or social services-related field; Master’s degree preferred.
- 2-3 years’ experience in serving survivors with multiple barriers and from diverse populations.
- Supervisory experience.
- Public speaking and presentation experience.
COMMITMENT TO SERVICE:
- Must be responsive to the needs and requests of clients, residents, staff and Board of Directors.
- Must extend courtesy, friendliness and overall respect to all of the above.
- Will collaborate with other staff and/or departments to meet the needs of the organization.
- Will be available to times and events when evenings and weekends will be required to fulfill duties.
- Listens well, shares work-related information, is open to others’ perspectives, work styles and
- Willingly collaborates and cooperates with others in the organization.
- Develops effective working relationships at all levels and values these relationships as critical to
- Ability to address conflict in a respectful manner.
- Expresses ideas clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Consistently follows through on projects and issues.
- Flexible, adaptable and responsive to change.
- Ability to adequately respond to requests and demands in a timely manner.
- Adept at modifying plans/strategies as needed to best meet the needs of those involved.
ANTICIPATED SALARY RANGE: $38,000-$47,500, based on experience.
TO APPLY: Please submit a letter of interest and your résumé to:
Human Resource Department
141 W. Third St.
Dayton, Ohio 45402
YWCA Dayton Culture and Values
Empowering Women and Eliminating Racism
YWCA Dayton is part of the largest and oldest multicultural women’s organization in the world; we leverage that collective strength into a unified movement joined through the comprehensive mission of eliminating racism, empowering women, and promoting peace, justice, freedom, and dignity for all.
Founded in 1870, YWCA Dayton lives its mission and is a champion of women and girls in three key ways: direct service programming, community outreach and education, and advocacy and public policy support. Our core services are focused on preventing and responding to gender-based violence; supporting women’s economic empowerment; strengthening women and girls’ leadership development; and advocating for legislation and policies that promote racial and social justice for women and girls.
- Emergency shelter and crisis support services for women and children fleeing domestic violence
- Crisis and counseling services for survivors of sexual assault, human trafficking, and stalking
- Affordable housing and life skills training for single women transitioning to independent living from homelessness or abuse
- Housing assistance for women and children who have experienced domestic violence and families who are experiencing sudden homelessness
- Girls LEAD!, an in-school, after-school, and summer camp empowerment and education program for girls 11-18
YWCA Dayton continues to be a touchstone, a stepping stone, or a resting stone for more than 100 women and children, every day. We are constantly working to ensure that the Miami Valley community will always have amidst its future, a place dedicated to empowering women and eliminating racism.