Resource Coordinator | Position Description
YWCA Dayton, dedicated to the empowerment of women and the elimination of racism, seeks an energetic, dedicated person to be an integral part of our team. The Resource Coordinator is responsible for connecting clients and residents to internal and external resources and opportunities, as well as providing workshops regarding financial literacy, coaching, and planning for women and families. The Resource Coordinator will be a main point of contact for clients and residents. This person supports the mission, vision, and values of YWCA Dayton.
- Assesses the needs of the YWCA Dayton clients and residents and seeks both internal and external resources in order to meet those needs.
- Works with community organizations to identify resources, programs and opportunities available that benefit the population YWCA Dayton serves.
- Implements an outreach strategy to disseminate resource information to the YWCA population.
- Works with staff to execute overall strategies to maximize resident and client utilization of community resources.
- Coordinates information sessions, including communicating information, preparing materials and maintaining attendee lists.
- Fields general inquiries from clients and residents on community resources and helps direct the individuals towards the most appropriate options.
- Prepares and distributes information and correspondence in a professional and timely manner.
- Assumes the role of coordinator of any mediation between clients or residents within the organization; escalates any major concerns to internal Client Rights Officer or external mediator.
- Organizes economic empowerment trainings for residents in order to address the economic and employment issues facing women housed in the YW’s Permanent Supportive Housing (PSH) program.
- Implements an economic empowerment program and diligently recruits external, eligible participants through presentations, fliers, and contact with/referrals from case managers.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be able to work independently with low levels of supervision and be an enthusiastic self-starter.
- High level of organizational skills required as well as the ability to prioritize based on the needs of the business.
- Identifies and analyzes the needs of those we serve and works to find solutions or implement workshops.
- Flexibility, with the ability to handle many tasks and proactively seek new and updated information.
- Excellent computer skills, with proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Discretion regarding confidential information.
- Developed skills in relational savvy, with the ability to establish rapport with a culturally diverse population.
- High level written and verbal communication skills required; and an ability to relate with poise and self-confidence to diverse groups and stakeholders.
- Keen understanding of the YWCA USA and YWCA Dayton mission, vision, history and programs.
- Demonstrated commitment to and championing of the organizational mission and vision.
- Creative, innovative, and has the ability to organize and prioritize.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of an Associate’s degree with relevant training or coursework is required.
- Minimum 1 year of relevant experience with emphasis on service delivery and interpersonal interaction.
- Experience with disenfranchised, marginalized populations and also have an understanding of women and poverty.
- Progressive learner.
- Proven accountable leader.
- Experience working in deadline-driven environments.
- Ability to work well in a team environment, handle multiple assignments and meet the needs of various internal and external stakeholders.
COMMITMENT TO SERVICE:
- Must be responsive to the needs and requests of clients, residents, staff and Board of Directors.
- Must extend courtesy, friendliness and overall respect to all of the above.
- Will collaborate with other staff and/or departments to meet the needs of the organization.
- Will be available to times and events when evenings and weekends will be required to fulfill duties.
- Listens well, shares work-related information, is open to others’ perspectives, work styles and
- Willingly collaborates and cooperates with others in the organization.
- Develops effective working relationships at all levels and values these relationships as critical to
- Ability to address conflict in a respectful manner.
- Expresses ideas clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Consistently follows through on projects and issues.
- Flexible, adaptable and responsive to change.
- Ability to adequately respond to requests and demands in a timely manner.
- Adept at modifying plans/strategies as needed to best meet the needs of those involved.
ANTICIPATED SALARY & BENEFITS:
- $16.83 per hour
- Health, dental and vision coverage
- Paid parental leave
- Generous PTO and holiday pay
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Long-term disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- YWCA Retirement Fund
YWCA Dayton Culture and Values
Empowering Women and Eliminating Racism
YWCA Dayton is part of the largest and oldest multicultural women’s organization in the world; we leverage that collective strength into a unified movement joined through the comprehensive mission of eliminating racism, empowering women, and promoting peace, justice, freedom, and dignity for all.
Founded in 1870, YWCA Dayton lives its mission and is a champion of women and girls in three key ways: direct service programming, community outreach and education, and advocacy and public policy support. Our core services are focused on preventing and responding to gender-based violence; supporting women’s economic empowerment; strengthening women and girls’ leadership development; and advocating for legislation and policies that promote racial and social justice for women and girls.
- Emergency shelter and crisis support services for women and children fleeing domestic violence
- Crisis and counseling services for survivors of sexual assault, human trafficking, and stalking
- Affordable housing and life skills training for single women transitioning to independent living from homelessness or abuse
- Housing assistance for women and children who have experienced domestic violence and families who are experiencing sudden homelessness
- Girls LEAD!, an in-school, after-school, and summer camp empowerment and education program for girls 11-18
YWCA Dayton continues to be a touchstone, a stepping stone, or a resting stone for more than 100 women and children, every day. We are constantly working to ensure that the Miami Valley community will always have amidst its future, a place dedicated to empowering women and eliminating racism.