Marketing & Communications Manager | Position Description
YWCA Dayton, dedicated to the elimination of racism and the empowerment of women, seeks an energetic, dedicated person to be an integral part of our team. The Marketing & Communications Manager reports to the Vice President, Mission, Brand and Programs and is responsible for supporting and executing marketing and communications projects and tasks that: advance the YWCA mission, position YWCA Dayton as a thought leader in racial and gender justice, and increase awareness of, and support for, YW programs and services. This person supports the vision, mission, and values of YWCA Dayton.
- Oversees the YWCA Dayton brand ambassador team, which includes a Community Relations Coordinator and a Resource Coordinator.
- Generates content for YWCA Dayton publications and digital marketing at all stages of production, including strategy and idea development, graphic design, photography, videography, interviewing, copywriting, and customer service response, across all YW programs and departments.
- Executes media relations by drafting and disseminating press releases, following up on and responding to media pitches, and engaging professionally with print, TV, radio and other communications outlets. Maintains an agency speaker’s bureau and continuously develops staff proficiencies in public speaking, interviewing, and presenting.
- Manages all internal communications to Association staff, including all-staff email and intranet messages, staff newsletter, staff bulletin boards, and new hire communications onboarding.
- Creates and maintains inventory of YWCA Dayton marketing collateral and promotional materials and generates new materials as needed, including: event invitations, sponsorship packets, program books, brochures, signage, favors/giveaways, appeal letters, etc. Serve as project manager between graphic design, print, mail, and/or other such vendors and YW staff.
- Ensures brand compliance through all Association materials and postings by regularly auditing Association materials, maintaining brand identity standards, and conducting employee trainings (i.e., brand ambassador workshops).
- Understands YWCA Dayton’s audiences and stays attuned to nonprofit marketing and communications trends. Assesses communication effectiveness and outcomes through data analytics and goal metrics.
- Provides proofreading/copy editing and speechwriting and serves as agency spokesperson as needed.
EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, English, public relations, or similar field required.
- 3-5 years of experience in marketing and communications; experience with nonprofit communications and/or racial or gender justice communications strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience working with integrated communications using print, email, Web, and social media. Must be a strong writer with confident verbal and written communication skills; graphic design and videography/photography experience is desirable.
- Experience working in fast-paced, complex, deadline-driven environments.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office products, WordPress or similar content management system, Adobe Creative Suite, and social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn). Experience with online analytic tools, social media scheduling software, email marketing systems, and donor database software needed.
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation skills; an ability to relate with poise and self-confidence to diverse groups and stakeholders.
- Keen understanding of, commitment to, and ability to articulate the YWCA mission, vision, history, and programs, especially in terms of the intersections between racial justice and gender justice.
- Must be able to work independently, consistently meet deadlines, and be an enthusiastic self-starter, who is highly creative and innovative in designing, planning, and executing; hard-working, detail-oriented, and personable, with strong organizational skills and a love for storytelling.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and handle multiple assignments with competing priorities.
- Maintains professional appearance and stature, especially when interacting with external constituents.
COMMITMENT TO SERVICE:
- Must be responsive to the needs and request of staff, volunteers, donors and Board of Directors.
- Must extend courtesy, friendliness and overall respect to all of the above.
- Will collaborate with other staff and/or departments to meet the needs of the organization.
- Will be available to times and events when evenings and weekends will be required to fulfill
- Listens well, shares work-related information, is open to others’ perspectives, work styles and
- Willingly collaborates and cooperates with others in the organization.
- Develops effective working relationships at all levels and values these relationships as critical to
- Ability to address conflict in a respectful manner.
- Expresses ideas clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Consistently follows through on projects and issues.
- Flexible, adaptable and responsive to change.
- Ability to adequately respond to requests and demands in a timely manner.
- Adept at modifying plans/strategies as needed to best meet the needs of those involved.
ANTICIPATED SALARY AND BENEFITS:
- $45,000 – 48,000 annually
- Health, dental and vision coverage
- Paid Parental Leave
- Generous PTO and holiday pay
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Long term disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- YWCA Retirement Fund
- Automatic enrollment in the YWCA National Retirement Fund upon completion of two years of employment (1,000 hours or more worked per year). Employer contributes 7.5% and YWCA USA contributes 3% to contribute a total of 10.5% of gross pay.
YWCA Dayton Culture and Values
Empowering Women and Eliminating Racism
YWCA Dayton is part of the largest and oldest multicultural women’s organization in the world; we leverage that collective strength into a unified movement joined through the comprehensive mission of eliminating racism, empowering women, and promoting peace, justice, freedom, and dignity for all.
Founded in 1870, YWCA Dayton lives its mission and is a champion of women and girls in three key ways: direct service programming, community outreach and education, and advocacy and public policy support. Our core services are focused on preventing and responding to gender-based violence; supporting women’s economic empowerment; strengthening women and girls’ leadership development; and advocating for legislation and policies that promote racial and social justice for women and girls.
- Emergency shelter and crisis support services for women and children fleeing domestic violence
- Crisis and counseling services for survivors of sexual assault, human trafficking, and stalking
- Affordable housing and life skills training for single women transitioning to independent living from homelessness or abuse
- Housing assistance for women and children who have experienced domestic violence and families who are experiencing sudden homelessness
- Girls LEAD!, an in-school, after-school, and summer camp empowerment and education program for girls 11-18
YWCA Dayton continues to be a touchstone, a stepping stone, or a resting stone for more than 100 women and children, every day. We are constantly working to ensure that the Miami Valley community will always have amidst its future, a place dedicated to empowering women and eliminating racism.