Manager of Youth/Teen Programming | Position Description
YWCA Dayton, dedicated to the empowerment of women and the elimination of racism, seeks an energetic, dedicated person to be an integral part of our team. The Manager of Youth/Teen Programming is responsible for monitoring the effectiveness of the Girls LEAD! and AMEND Together programs in respect to grants and assisting in the expansion of Girls LEAD! and AMEND Together Club curriculum delivery in area partner schools. This person supports the vision, mission and values of YWCA Dayton.
- Coordinates with Director of Youth/Children’s Programming to provide Girls LEAD! and AMEND Together training to external clients.
- Assists the Director of Youth/Teen Programming to ensure the highest quality services are provided consistently and efficiently and to best practices.
- Directs, in tandem with the mission, parity of services and resources for all clients and residents.
- Conducts speaking engagements to increase Girls LEAD! and AMEND Together brand and program awareness, as directed.
- Develops and implements mechanisms for measuring the effectiveness of Girls LEAD! and AMEND Together Club’s train-the-trainer.
- Actively participates in team meetings, staff meetings, and other meetings as required.
- Attends community events and partnership meetings, as requested, increasing awareness of YWCA’s youth development services programs.
- Participates in policy development and review, strategic planning, and program analysis to ensure optimal outcome achievement and client satisfaction.
- Represents YWCA Dayton at relevant local, state and national meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Understanding of racial equity and social justice issues and a demonstrated sensitivity to the needs of those we serve.
- Retention of appropriate credentials in prevention in alignment with up-to-date agency best practices.
- High level of reasoning, with the ability to use good judgment and experience to plan and accomplish goals.
- High level of verbal and written communication required. Ability to effectively present information to employees, stakeholders, contractors, residents, and clients.
- Conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to manage time, prioritize and work well with groups.
- Willingness to support the mission and vision of YWCA Dayton and able to convey its importance both verbally and in writing.
- Willing to follow supervisory directions and attend trainings, staff meetings and conferences as needed for the position.
- Good computer skills, with the ability to maintain accurate electronic records.
- Advanced knowledge and skill with Microsoft Office products, specifically Word, 365 and Excel.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in education, social work or related field, plus 2-3 years of experience working with adolescents.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Experience with data management tool, similar to Efforts to Outcomes (ETO) by Social Solutions.
COMMITMENT TO SERVICE:
- Must be responsive to the needs and requests of clients, residents, staff and Board of Directors.
- Must extend courtesy, friendliness and overall respect to all of the above.
- Will collaborate with other staff and/or departments to meet the needs of the organization.
- Will be available to times and events when evenings and weekends will be required to fulfill duties.
- Listens well, shares work-related information, is open to others’ perspectives, work styles and
- Willingly collaborates and cooperates with others in the organization.
- Develops effective working relationships at all levels and values these relationships as critical to
- Ability to address conflict in a respectful manner.
- Expresses ideas clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Consistently follows through on projects and issues.
- Flexible, adaptable and responsive to change.
- Ability to adequately respond to requests and demands in a timely manner.
- Adept at modifying plans/strategies as needed to best meet the needs of those involved.
ANTICIPATED SALARY & BENEFITS:
- $45,000 – 50,000 annual salary
- Health, dental and vision coverage
- Generous PTO and holiday pay
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Long term disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- YWCA Retirement Fund
YWCA Dayton Culture and Values
Empowering Women and Eliminating Racism
YWCA Dayton is part of the largest and oldest multicultural women’s organization in the world; we leverage that collective strength into a unified movement joined through the comprehensive mission of eliminating racism, empowering women, and promoting peace, justice, freedom, and dignity for all.
Founded in 1870, YWCA Dayton lives its mission and is a champion of women and girls in three key ways: direct service programming, community outreach and education, and advocacy and public policy support. Our core services are focused on preventing and responding to gender-based violence; supporting women’s economic empowerment; strengthening women and girls’ leadership development; and advocating for legislation and policies that promote racial and social justice for women and girls.
- Emergency shelter and crisis support services for women and children fleeing domestic violence
- Crisis and counseling services for survivors of sexual assault, human trafficking, and stalking
- Affordable housing and life skills training for single women transitioning to independent living from homelessness or abuse
- Housing assistance for women and children who have experienced domestic violence and families who are experiencing sudden homelessness
- Girls LEAD!, an in-school, after-school, and summer camp empowerment and education program for girls 11-18
YWCA Dayton continues to be a touchstone, a stepping stone, or a resting stone for more than 100 women and children, every day. We are constantly working to ensure that the Miami Valley community will always have amidst its future, a place dedicated to empowering women and eliminating racism.