Human Resources Manager | Position Description
YWCA Dayton, dedicated to the empowerment of women and the elimination of racism, seeks an energetic, dedicated person to be an integral part of our team. The Human Resources Manager, as part of the People and Culture team, is responsible for providing practical, consistent, and proactive advice to the management team on HR policy, procedure, benefits & legislation to facilitate achieving best practices for the organization. This person will perform human resources management duties related to hiring, recruitment and retention, training, compensation, promotion, termination, career development, and retirement.
- Responsible for personnel information management – maintains personnel files, I-9 records, drug and alcohol screening and background investigation results, and other employee records. Ensures the organization is in compliance with laws, regulations, and YWCA Dayton policies.
- Drives the hiring process through recruitment and screening of applicants.
- Provides orientation to new employees and assists with the termination process for existing employees, as needed.
- Handles employment-related inquiries and verification requests.
- Utilizes outside resources in order to monitor issues and concerns in employment law, communicating potential changes or issues to senior management and executive team.
- Reviews and revises HR policies in compliance with changing or new legislation; keeps managers informed on antidiscrimination regulations.
- Responsible for administering and keeping information on benefits and compensation packages up to date.
- Conducts trainings for employees regarding benefits, diversity, leadership, employee policies and various other employment topics, as needed.
- Develops, implements and participates in employee recognition and staff morale programs, such as birthday and anniversary recognition, holiday party, and other events as appropriate.
- Process bi-weekly payroll.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience in human resources preferred.
- Experience in payroll preferred.
- High-level oral and written communication skills, with the ability to interpret and explain written and statistical data to a wide range of audiences.
- Ability to convey with poise difficult and challenging information to employees.
- High standard of attention to detail.
- Sensitivity to the needs and issues of the YWCA Dayton’s client population, and the ability to establish a strong rapport with the same.
- Keen understanding of the YWCA USA and YWCA Dayton mission, vision, history and programs.
- Comfort and agility in personnel engagement and developed skills in relational savvy.
- Demonstrated commitment to and championing of the organizational mission and vision.
- Must be able to work independently and be an enthusiastic self-starter, who is intelligent, highly creative and innovative in designing and planning, hard-working, punctual, detail-oriented, and personable, with strong organizational skills.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, organizational leadership, human resources or related field is preferred; a continuing combination of courses towards the same and relevant experience may be considered.
- 3-5 years related experience.
- Progressive learner.
- Experience working in deadline-driven environments.
- Able to work well in a team environment, handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
ANTICIPATED SALARY AND BENEFITS:
- $45,000 – 50,000 annually
- Health, dental and vision coverage
- Paid Parental Leave
- Generous PTO and holiday pay
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Long term disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- YWCA Retirement Fund
- Automatic enrollment in the YWCA National Retirement Fund upon completion of two years of employment (1,000 hours or more worked per year). Employer contributes 7.5% and YWCA USA contributes 3% to contribute a total of 10.5% of gross pay.
TO APPLY: Visit us on the web at www.ywcadayton.org/careers and submit your application
Send your resume directly to Human Resources at email@example.com
YWCA Dayton Culture and Values
Empowering Women and Eliminating Racism
YWCA Dayton is part of the largest and oldest multicultural women’s organization in the world; we leverage that collective strength into a unified movement joined through the comprehensive mission of eliminating racism, empowering women, and promoting peace, justice, freedom, and dignity for all.
Founded in 1870, YWCA Dayton lives its mission and is a champion of women and girls in three key ways: direct service programming, community outreach and education, and advocacy and public policy support. Our core services are focused on preventing and responding to gender-based violence; supporting women’s economic empowerment; strengthening women and girls’ leadership development; and advocating for legislation and policies that promote racial and social justice for women and girls.
- Emergency shelter and crisis support services for women and children fleeing domestic violence
- Crisis and counseling services for survivors of sexual assault, human trafficking, and stalking
- Affordable housing and life skills training for single women transitioning to independent living from homelessness or abuse
- Housing assistance for women and children who have experienced domestic violence and families who are experiencing sudden homelessness
- Girls LEAD!, an in-school, after-school, and summer camp empowerment and education program for girls 11-18
YWCA Dayton continues to be a touchstone, a stepping stone, or a resting stone for more than 100 women and children, every day. We are constantly working to ensure that the Miami Valley community will always have amidst its future, a place dedicated to empowering women and eliminating racism.