Girls LEAD! Camp Coach – Preble County | Position Description
YWCA Dayton, dedicated to the elimination of racism and the empowerment of women, seeks an energetic, dedicated person to be an integral part of our team. The Camp Coach, as part of the Girls LEAD! team, is responsible for assisting in the facilitation of the summer camp program for young girls. This position is located in Eaton, Ohio, and works from July 7-July 26. This person supports the vision, mission, and values of YWCA Dayton.
- Assists and supports the Executive Director and Program Educator(s).
- Attend required trainings.
- Implement activities and lessons planned that are fun, innovative, challenging and educational.
- Supervise campers (girls, ages 11-14) and observe necessary precautions to ensure safety of participants.
- Communicate ideas, issues and concerns effectively and in a timely manner to supervisor.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Teaching and/or camp programming experience preferred.
- Must be able to work independently and be an enthusiastic self-starter, who is intelligent, highly creative and innovative in planning; hard-working, punctual, detail-oriented, and personable with strong muti-tasking and organizational skills.
- Enjoys working with youth (girls, ages 11-14).
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, handle multiple assignments and meets deadlines with few errors.
- Proven high level of professionalism and poise during interpersonal interactions.
- Experience working with people of diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Discretion regarding confidential information.
- Dresses professionally at all times and sets the example for girls to model (i.e., appropriate dress as a Camp Coach).
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED with two years of related experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience working with youth between the ages of 11-14 in an educational or camp environment.
COMMITMENT TO SERVICE:
- Must be responsive to the needs and requests of clients, residents, staff and Board of Directors.
- Must extend courtesy, friendliness and overall respect to all of the above.
- Will collaborate with other staff and/or departments to meet the needs of the organization.
- Will be available to times and events when evenings and weekends will be required to fulfill duties.
- Listens well, shares work-related information, is open to others’ perspectives, work styles and
- Willingly collaborates and cooperates with others in the organization.
- Develops effective working relationships at all levels and values these relationships as critical to
- Ability to address conflict in a respectful manner.
- Expresses ideas clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Consistently follows through on projects and issues.
- Flexible, adaptable and responsive to change.
- Ability to adequately respond to requests and demands in a timely manner.
- Adept at modifying plans/strategies as needed to best meet the needs of those involved.
ANTICIPATED SALARY & BENEFITS:
- $12 per hour; not benefits eligible.
- Position works from July 7-July 26.
- Position is in-person and located in Eaton, Ohio.
YWCA Dayton Culture and Values
Empowering Women and Eliminating Racism
YWCA Dayton is part of the largest and oldest multicultural women’s organization in the world; we leverage that collective strength into a unified movement joined through the comprehensive mission of eliminating racism, empowering women, and promoting peace, justice, freedom, and dignity for all.
Founded in 1870, YWCA Dayton lives its mission and is a champion of women and girls in three key ways: direct service programming, community outreach and education, and advocacy and public policy support. Our core services are focused on preventing and responding to gender-based violence; supporting women’s economic empowerment; strengthening women and girls’ leadership development; and advocating for legislation and policies that promote racial and social justice for women and girls.
- Emergency shelter and crisis support services for women and children fleeing domestic violence
- Crisis and counseling services for survivors of sexual assault, human trafficking, and stalking
- Affordable housing and life skills training for single women transitioning to independent living from homelessness or abuse
- Housing assistance for women and children who have experienced domestic violence and families who are experiencing sudden homelessness
- Girls LEAD!, an in-school, after-school, and summer camp empowerment and education program for girls 11-18
YWCA Dayton continues to be a touchstone, a stepping stone, or a resting stone for more than 100 women and children, every day. We are constantly working to ensure that the Miami Valley community will always have amidst its future, a place dedicated to empowering women and eliminating racism.