Facilities & Maintenance Manager | Position Description
YWCA Dayton, dedicated to the empowerment of women and the elimination of racism, seeks an energetic, dedicated person to be an integral part of our team. The Facilities & Maintenance Manager is responsible for ensuring that the organizational maintenance needs are met and upheld to the highest standards. This person supports the vision, mission, and values of YWCA Dayton.
- Oversees and performs inspections, repairs, installations, troubleshooting and daily maintenance of buildings, infrastructures and facility equipment.
- Trains, supervises & develops building and facilities maintenance staff and housekeeping staff.
- Responsible for proactively keeping facilities in good status to comply with environmental, health and safety guidelines.
- Responsible for developing and implementing a preventative maintenance program to address ongoing and anticipated needs of the YWCA facilities and equipment.
- Act as a liaison between departments and services in regard to repair and upkeep of the YWCA building.
- Develop and manage Facilities Department expense budget.
- Prepare bi-weekly Facilities report and submit to CEO.
- Oversees contract services & negotiation of security for the agency, as well as any contractor services applicable to the maintenance of the YWCA facilities.
- Direct YWCA building security (including guard services, CCTV review, and security/incident report follow up).
- Update and maintain YWCA Security Manual.
- Perform building/room safety inspections according to agency inspection plan.
- Manage telephone services.
- Attend outside facilities seminars when applicable.
- Operate hand and power tools.
- Move furniture and appliances as assigned.
- Set up meeting rooms as assigned.
- Complete pick up and deliveries for agency business via company vehicle.
- Assist in donations (load and remove to garage) that arrive at agency.
- Meet and work with building contractors
- Serve as back up to front desk receptionist.
- On call for building emergencies 24/7.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- High level of reasoning, with the ability to use judgment and experience to plan and accomplish goals.
- High level of verbal and written communication required. Ability to effectively present information to employees, contractors, residents, and clients.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Sensitivity to needs of families served.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Associate degree or a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in building maintenance or related area.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the maintenance field.
COMMITMENT TO SERVICE:
- Must be responsive to the needs and requests of clients, residents, staff and Board of Directors.
- Must extend courtesy, friendliness and overall respect to all of the above.
- Will collaborate with other staff and/or departments to meet the needs of the organization.
- Will be available to times and events when evenings and weekends will be required to fulfill duties.
- Listens well, shares work-related information, is open to others’ perspectives, work styles and
- Willingly collaborates and cooperates with others in the organization.
- Develops effective working relationships at all levels and values these relationships as critical to
- Ability to address conflict in a respectful manner.
- Expresses ideas clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Consistently follows through on projects and issues.
- Flexible, adaptable and responsive to change.
- Ability to adequately respond to requests and demands in a timely manner.
- Adept at modifying plans/strategies as needed to best meet the needs of those involved.
TO APPLY: Please submit a letter of interest and your résumé to:
Human Resource Department
141 W. Third St.
Dayton, Ohio 45402
YWCA Dayton Culture and Values
Empowering Women and Eliminating Racism
YWCA Dayton is part of the largest and oldest multicultural women’s organization in the world; we leverage that collective strength into a unified movement joined through the comprehensive mission of eliminating racism, empowering women, and promoting peace, justice, freedom, and dignity for all.
Founded in 1870, YWCA Dayton lives its mission and is a champion of women and girls in three key ways: direct service programming, community outreach and education, and advocacy and public policy support. Our core services are focused on preventing and responding to gender-based violence; supporting women’s economic empowerment; strengthening women and girls’ leadership development; and advocating for legislation and policies that promote racial and social justice for women and girls.
- Emergency shelter and crisis support services for women and children fleeing domestic violence
- Crisis and counseling services for survivors of sexual assault, human trafficking, and stalking
- Affordable housing and life skills training for single women transitioning to independent living from homelessness or abuse
- Housing assistance for women and children who have experienced domestic violence and families who are experiencing sudden homelessness
- Girls LEAD!, an in-school, after-school, and summer camp empowerment and education program for girls 11-18
YWCA Dayton continues to be a touchstone, a stepping stone, or a resting stone for more than 100 women and children, every day. We are constantly working to ensure that the Miami Valley community will always have amidst its future, a place dedicated to empowering women and eliminating racism.