Facilities & Operations Manager | Position Description
YWCA Dayton, dedicated to the empowerment of women and the elimination of racism, seeks an energetic, dedicated person to be an integral part of our team. The Facilities and Operations Manager is responsible for ensuring that YWCA Dayton’s day to day operations are efficient and mission-aligned and that our facilities meet our standards of excellence. This person will have flexibility and will be responsible for maintaining a safe and positive organizational environment. This person supports the vision, mission and values of YWCA Dayton.
- Assists with ensuring all YWCA Dayton facilities are meeting standards of excellence.
- Provides supervision to the facilities and maintenance team, and oversees Central Building front desk services, providing a high level of customer care, risk management, and crisis management.
- Manages all YWCA Dayton facility rentals and serves as liaison to all lessors.
- Manages all internal IT services and serves as primary contact for YWCA Dayton’s IT, internet, and telephone service providers.
- Oversees logistical movement within YWCA’s offices and partners with HR to ensure standards are met for the new hire experience.
- Oversees security services for all YWCA Dayton properties, including contracted services, CCTV, and other security systems, and promptly responds to security footage requests when needed.
- Identifies operational challenges or problems and provides recommendations for solutions to appropriate parties in order to maximize efficiency and revenue.
- Assesses and analyzes departmental budget to find ways to minimize expense and maximize profits.
- Identifies opportunities to expand or shift course in order to take advantage of changes in the market.
- Participates in policy development and review, strategic planning, and program analysis to ensure optimal outcome achievement.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Passion for the mission, vision, history, and programs of YWCA USA and YWCA Dayton.
- High technical acuity and excellent computer skills, with the ability to maintain accurate electronic records.
- Excellent human capital management skills including management and talent development of staff.
- Identifies gaps by viewing the organization and its operations through a racial equity lens.
- Progressive problem-solver who can generate workable solutions and resolve crisis situations.
- High level written and verbal communication skills required; and an ability to communicate with diverse groups and stakeholders.
- Must be able to work independently and be an enthusiastic self-starter, who is intelligent, highly creative and innovative in designing and planning, hard-working, punctual, and detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in non-profit operations.
- 2-3 years of experience in a customer service environment.
- Proven knowledge of IT troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Supervisory experience required.
COMMITMENT TO SERVICE:
- Must be responsive to the needs and requests of clients, residents, staff and Board of Directors.
- Must extend courtesy, friendliness and overall respect to all of the above.
- Will collaborate with other staff and/or departments to meet the needs of the organization.
- Will be available to times and events when evenings and weekends will be required to fulfill duties.
- Listens well, shares work-related information, is open to others’ perspectives, work styles and
- Willingly collaborates and cooperates with others in the organization.
- Develops effective working relationships at all levels and values these relationships as critical to
- Ability to address conflict in a respectful manner.
- Expresses ideas clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Consistently follows through on projects and issues.
- Flexible, adaptable and responsive to change.
- Ability to adequately respond to requests and demands in a timely manner.
- Adept at modifying plans/strategies as needed to best meet the needs of those involved.
- $50,000-55,000 annually
- Health, dental and vision coverage
- Generous PTO and holiday pay
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Long-term disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- YWCA Retirement Fund
YWCA Dayton Culture and Values
Empowering Women and Eliminating Racism
YWCA Dayton is part of the largest and oldest multicultural women’s organization in the world; we leverage that collective strength into a unified movement joined through the comprehensive mission of eliminating racism, empowering women, and promoting peace, justice, freedom, and dignity for all.
Founded in 1870, YWCA Dayton lives its mission and is a champion of women and girls in three key ways: direct service programming, community outreach and education, and advocacy and public policy support. Our core services are focused on preventing and responding to gender-based violence; supporting women’s economic empowerment; strengthening women and girls’ leadership development; and advocating for legislation and policies that promote racial and social justice for women and girls.
- Emergency shelter and crisis support services for women and children fleeing domestic violence
- Crisis and counseling services for survivors of sexual assault, human trafficking, and stalking
- Affordable housing and life skills training for single women transitioning to independent living from homelessness or abuse
- Housing assistance for women and children who have experienced domestic violence and families who are experiencing sudden homelessness
- Girls LEAD!, an in-school, after-school, and summer camp empowerment and education program for girls 11-18
YWCA Dayton continues to be a touchstone, a stepping stone, or a resting stone for more than 100 women and children, every day. We are constantly working to ensure that the Miami Valley community will always have amidst its future, a place dedicated to empowering women and eliminating racism.