Executive Team Administrative Assistant | Position Description
YWCA Dayton, dedicated to the empowerment of women and the elimination of racism, seeks a focused, organized, and detail-oriented person to be an integral part of our team. The Executive Team Administrative Assistant reports to the HR Business Partner and will be primarily responsible for maintaining and executing human resources-related functions, assisting with the administrative needs of the Executive Team, and assisting with financial functions. This is a full-time position, with 50% of time spent in Human Resources, 25% in Finance, and 25% in the Executive Team. This person supports the mission, vision, and values of YWCA Dayton.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date human resource files, records, and documentation.
- Answer frequently asked questions from applicants and employees relative to standard policies, benefits, hiring processes, etc.
- Maintain the integrity and confidentiality of human resource files and records.
- Perform periodic audits of HR files and electronic records to ensure that all required documents are collected and filed appropriately.
- Adequately identify top talent for YWCA Dayton and initiate the interview process by serving as the first point of contact for most applicants, conducting phone screens, scheduling interviews, and following up with all applicants during the interview process.
- Coordinate with other partners to ensure a seamless onboarding experience for new hires.
- Act as a liaison between the organization and external benefits providers and vendors, which may include health, disability, and retirement plan providers.
- Assist with planning and execution of special events such as benefits enrollment, organization-wide meetings, employee recognition events, holiday parties, and retirement celebrations.
- Serve as right hand for HR Business Partner, providing clerical support in most HR and compliance functions.
- Assist with payroll functions, including updating employee status changes and answering pay or non-pay-related employee questions.
- Perform various cash controls, such as reviewing outgoing and incoming checks for appropriate information.
- Assist a 10-person Executive Team with various administrative tasks, projects, reporting, ordering, scheduling, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism, and diplomacy.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn payroll management, human resource information system (HRIS), and similar computer applications.
- Proven high level of professionalism and poise during interpersonal interactions.
- Experience working with people of diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Passion for YWCA Dayton’s mission and has an overarching understanding of how HR functions apply to the mission.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills.
- Progressive learner and proactive self-starter; ability to anticipate the needs of the business.
- Flexibility, with the ability to handle many tasks with few errors.
- Excellent manager of time—of self and others—and prioritizes projects and tasks with ease.
- Associates degree in related field required.
- Prior related office experience preferred.
- Experience working in deadline-driven environments.
- Able to work well in a team environment, handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
COMMITMENT TO SERVICE:
- Must be responsive to the needs and request of staff, volunteers, donors and Board of Directors.
- Must extend courtesy, friendliness and overall respect to all of the above.
- Will collaborate with other staff and/or departments to meet the needs of the organization.
- Will be available to times and events when evenings and weekends will be required to fulfill duties.
- Listens well, shares work-related information, is open to others’ perspectives, work styles and methods.
- Willingly collaborates and cooperates with others in the organization.
- Develops effective working relationships at all levels and values these relationships as critical to effective work.
- Ability to address conflict in a respectful manner.
- Expresses ideas clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Consistently follows through on projects and issues.
- Flexible, adaptable and responsive to change.
- Ability to adequately respond to requests and demands in a timely manner.
- Adept at modifying plans/strategies as needed to best meet the needs of those involved.
ANTICIPATED SALARY AND BENEFITS:
- $17.50 per hour, based on experience
- Health, dental and vision coverage
- Paid parental leave
- Generous PTO and holiday pay
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Long-term disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- YWCA Retirement Fund
YWCA Dayton Culture and Values
Empowering Women and Eliminating Racism
YWCA Dayton is part of the largest and oldest multicultural women’s organization in the world; we leverage that collective strength into a unified movement joined through the comprehensive mission of eliminating racism, empowering women, and promoting peace, justice, freedom, and dignity for all.
Founded in 1870, YWCA Dayton lives its mission and is a champion of women and girls in three key ways: direct service programming, community outreach and education, and advocacy and public policy support. Our core services are focused on preventing and responding to gender-based violence; supporting women’s economic empowerment; strengthening women and girls’ leadership development; and advocating for legislation and policies that promote racial and social justice for women and girls.
- Emergency shelter and crisis support services for women and children fleeing domestic violence
- Crisis and counseling services for survivors of sexual assault, human trafficking, and stalking
- Affordable housing and life skills training for single women transitioning to independent living from homelessness or abuse
- Housing assistance for women and children who have experienced domestic violence and families who are experiencing sudden homelessness
- Girls LEAD!, an in-school, after-school, and summer camp empowerment and education program for girls 11-18
YWCA Dayton continues to be a touchstone, a stepping stone, or a resting stone for more than 100 women and children, every day. We are constantly working to ensure that the Miami Valley community will always have amidst its future, a place dedicated to empowering women and eliminating racism.