Environmental Services Specialist | Position Description
YWCA Dayton, dedicated to the elimination of racism and the empowerment of women, seeks an energetic, dedicated person to be an integral part of our team. The Environmental Services Specialist, as part of the Facilities team, is responsible for maintaining the facility with consistent superior standards of order, cleanliness and safety. This person supports the vision, mission, and values of YWCA Dayton.
- Performs a variety of assigned cleaning tasks, including dusting, mopping, scrubbing, disinfecting, vacuuming and polishing according to departmental policy and procedures. Must plan the completion of these tasks daily.
- Regularly maintains office space readiness to ensure swift onboarding of new hires or other staff movement.
- Empties trash containers and removes all trash. Empties all medical waste containers, including sharps.
- Take inventory, restock and replenish supplies such as toilet tissue, paper towels, hand soap, etc., located in all assigned areas of the facility.
- Maintains cleanliness of departmental equipment and notifies appropriate personnel as repairs become necessary.
- May perform special projects such as: window washing, wall washing, removing heavily soiled items or furnishings.
- Responds to questions and requests from service recipients, staff and visitors.
- Meets or exceeds goals for customer service satisfaction.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Minimum 2 years of related experience and familiarity with environmental services equipment and cleaning techniques is preferred.
- Requires the ability to work independently and as part of a team without continuous supervision.
- Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to work with a diverse group of people in a positive, service-based manner.
- Ability to multi-task and maintain a controlled and professional demeanor.
- Must be able to interpret and respond with a sense of urgency to verbal and written instructions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Standing for long periods of time; occasional kneeling, twisting, bending
- Push and pull up to 50 pounds
- Able to kneel, bend, lift up to 50 pounds
- Reach and lift overhead occasionally
- Climb ladders
- Reliable attendance
COMMITMENT TO SERVICE:
- Must be responsive to the needs and request of staff, volunteers, donors and Board of Directors.
- Must extend courtesy, friendliness and overall respect to all of the above.
- Will collaborate with other staff and/or departments to meet the needs of the organization.
- Will be available to times and events when evenings and weekends will be required to fulfill duties.
- Listens well, shares work-related information, is open to others’ perspectives, work styles and methods.
- Willingly collaborates and cooperates with others in the organization.
- Develops effective working relationships at all levels and values these relationships as critical to effective work.
- Ability to address conflict in a respectful manner.
- Expresses ideas clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Consistently follows through on projects and issues.
- Flexible, adaptable and responsive to change.
- Ability to adequately respond to requests and demands in a timely manner.
- Adept at modifying plans/strategies as needed to best meet the needs of those involved.
ANTICIPATED SALARY AND BENEFITS:
- $15 per hour
- Health, dental and vision coverage
- Paid parental leave
- Generous PTO and holiday pay
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Long-term disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- YWCA Retirement Fund
YWCA Dayton Culture and Values
Empowering Women and Eliminating Racism
YWCA Dayton is part of the largest and oldest multicultural women’s organization in the world; we leverage that collective strength into a unified movement joined through the comprehensive mission of eliminating racism, empowering women, and promoting peace, justice, freedom, and dignity for all.
Founded in 1870, YWCA Dayton lives its mission and is a champion of women and girls in three key ways: direct service programming, community outreach and education, and advocacy and public policy support. Our core services are focused on preventing and responding to gender-based violence; supporting women’s economic empowerment; strengthening women and girls’ leadership development; and advocating for legislation and policies that promote racial and social justice for women and girls.
- Emergency shelter and crisis support services for women and children fleeing domestic violence
- Crisis and counseling services for survivors of sexual assault, human trafficking, and stalking
- Affordable housing and life skills training for single women transitioning to independent living from homelessness or abuse
- Housing assistance for women and children who have experienced domestic violence and families who are experiencing sudden homelessness
- Girls LEAD!, an in-school, after-school, and summer camp empowerment and education program for girls 11-18
YWCA Dayton continues to be a touchstone, a stepping stone, or a resting stone for more than 100 women and children, every day. We are constantly working to ensure that the Miami Valley community will always have amidst its future, a place dedicated to empowering women and eliminating racism.