Customer Service Coordinator (FT & PT) | Position Description
YWCA Dayton, dedicated to the elimination of racism and the empowerment of women, seeks an energetic, dedicated person to be an integral part of our team. The Customer Service Coordinator, as part of the Administrative team, is responsible for customer-facing relations at our front desk. This person supports the vision, mission, and values of YWCA Dayton. Full-time or part-time available.
- Serve as the face for YWCA Dayton and greet all guests at the front desk with warmth and sincerity.
- Assist visitors with a variety of transactions through a seamless, friendly experience.
- Direct clients to the appropriate YWCA Dayton program or service.
- Receive mail and packages into YWCA Dayton; sort and distribute to the correct department locations. Also the primary contact for client mail.
- Answer questions about YWCA Dayton programs and schedules and provide general referral information.
- Serve as liaison to supply vendors. Order supplies for the organization as needed.
- Receive various gift in-kind donations dropped off at the YWCA Dayton, identify correct department distribution, and support donation flow distribution in collaboration with the receiving department.
- Coordinate vehicle usage and schedule room reservations.
- Provide customer service and reliability by answering the main YWCA Dayton phone line.
- Maintain operational efficiency of the front lobby and reception area.
- Assist with Human Resource functions and fill in for Executive Administrative Assistant as needed.
- Complete any tasks relating to Compliance or Privacy, as needed.
- Support and assist agency staff with additional projects as needed, some of which may be private and confidential.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- High school or GED required.
- Customer service or client relations experience preferred.
- Prior experience working in a busy reception or office environment and experience handling crisis situations strongly desired.
- Understand and support the mission of YWCA Dayton with enthusiasm.
- Maintain composure when faced with challenging or stressful situations.
- Be attentive and have a sense of urgency.
- Ensure the security and privacy of client information through education, compliance and resolution of issues.
- Demonstrate agility in dealing with multiple stakeholders.
- Communicate effectively and appropriately, both verbally and in writing.
- Work and interact effectively with clients, staff, donors, and other constituents.
- Ability to work on a team and foster an atmosphere of collaboration not competition.
- Comfortable with basic computer applications, able to manage time efficiently, and demonstrate reliability.
- Able to maintain professional and ethical boundaries with families, staff, and volunteers.
- Ability to perform assigned duties in a manner consistent with applicable laws, regulations, and agency goals.
- Understands and practices complete confidentiality, and uses discretion when processing and relaying information.
- Willingness to learn and passion to succeed.
- Ability to lift boxes of up to 40 pounds.
COMMITMENT TO SERVICE:
- Must be responsive to the needs and request of staff, volunteers, donors and Board of Directors.
- Must extend courtesy, friendliness and overall respect to all of the above.
- Will collaborate with other staff and/or departments to meet the needs of the organization.
- Will be available to times and events when evenings and weekends will be required to fulfill duties.
- Listens well, shares work-related information, is open to others’ perspectives, work styles and methods.
- Willingly collaborates and cooperates with others in the organization.
- Develops effective working relationships at all levels and values these relationships as critical to effective work.
- Ability to address conflict in a respectful manner.
- Expresses ideas clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Consistently follows through on projects and issues.
- Flexible, adaptable and responsive to change.
- Ability to adequately respond to requests and demands in a timely manner.
- Adept at modifying plans/strategies as needed to best meet the needs of those involved.
ANTICIPATED SALARY & BENEFITS (FULL-TIME ONLY):
- $15.50 – $16.00 per hour
- Health, dental and vision coverage
- Paid parental leave
- Generous PTO and holiday pay
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Long term disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- YWCA Retirement Fund
YWCA Dayton Culture and Values
Empowering Women and Eliminating Racism
YWCA Dayton is part of the largest and oldest multicultural women’s organization in the world; we leverage that collective strength into a unified movement joined through the comprehensive mission of eliminating racism, empowering women, and promoting peace, justice, freedom, and dignity for all.
Founded in 1870, YWCA Dayton lives its mission and is a champion of women and girls in three key ways: direct service programming, community outreach and education, and advocacy and public policy support. Our core services are focused on preventing and responding to gender-based violence; supporting women’s economic empowerment; strengthening women and girls’ leadership development; and advocating for legislation and policies that promote racial and social justice for women and girls.
- Emergency shelter and crisis support services for women and children fleeing domestic violence
- Crisis and counseling services for survivors of sexual assault, human trafficking, and stalking
- Affordable housing and life skills training for single women transitioning to independent living from homelessness or abuse
- Housing assistance for women and children who have experienced domestic violence and families who are experiencing sudden homelessness
- Girls LEAD!, an in-school, after-school, and summer camp empowerment and education program for girls 11-18
YWCA Dayton continues to be a touchstone, a stepping stone, or a resting stone for more than 100 women and children, every day. We are constantly working to ensure that the Miami Valley community will always have amidst its future, a place dedicated to empowering women and eliminating racism.