Client Support Coordinator, Floating (Part-Time) | Position Description
YWCA Dayton, dedicated to the elimination of racism and the empowerment of women, seeks an energetic, dedicated person to be an integral part of our team. The Client Support Coordinator, Floating is responsible for ensuring that crisis intervention and related supportive services are made available to survivors of domestic violence, intimate partner violence, sexual assault, human trafficking, and stalking and their children staying in the Domestic Violence Shelter and is trained in shelter, hotline and front desk processes. This person will deliver services utilizing trauma informed care and other best practices and protocol. This person supports the vision, mission, and values of YWCA Dayton.
- Responds to crisis service requests including in-person, phone calls, web-based communication and messages made to YWCA 24-hour crisis services. Screens all communication for immediate needs and provides supportive listening.
- Provides support in shelter to ensure 24-hour coverage; including, intake paperwork, general shelter oversight, and other duties as needed.
- Provide quality customer service through keen responsiveness, resolution, interventions and outcomes.
- Complete intake paperwork for incoming shelter guests, including: registration, initial safety planning, orienting to shelter facility, and review of shelter guidelines within 24 hours of entry.
- View client safety as a number one priority and ensure all clients receive assistance in developing and executing a comprehensive safety plan.
- Stay attentive to areas of risk in shelter and has a readiness to address concerns as they arise, including proactive mediation between clients and de-escalation of crisis and emergency situations.
- Completes and maintains all relevant documentation, including but not limited to case notes, incident/information reports, registration forms, exit forms, crisis contact files, client feedback forms, daily logs, etc.
- Assists facilities and operations in maintaining the cleanliness of shelter and the availability of basic needs for clients including hygiene products, cleaning products, laundry detergent, infant care items, etc.
- Maintains thorough and up to date knowledge of YWCA Dayton service areas including domestic violence, intimate partner violence, sexual assault, stalking, and human trafficking and participates in regular trainings.
- Supports Front Desk as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Flexibility and the ability to handle emergency situations.
- Sensitivity to the needs of families in crisis.
- Strong analytical skills – able to solve problems, make decisions, perform crisis intervention, etc.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Task-oriented with ability to identify gaps or needs within shelter and complete tasks without direct supervision.
- Good computer skills, with the ability to maintain accurate electronic records.
- Good communication and interpersonal problem resolution skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of domestic violence, homelessness, and poverty.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of high school diploma or GED with related experience required.
- Associate’s Degree in Social Services, Human Services, Mental Health, or related field is preferred.
- Customer service and/or crisis services experience highly preferred.
- Will receive training and education in crisis services provided by the agency (in approximately 30 days).
COMMITMENT TO SERVICE:
- Must be responsive to the needs and request of staff, volunteers, donors and Board of Directors.
- Must extend courtesy, friendliness and overall respect to all of the above.
- Will collaborate with other staff and/or departments to meet the needs of the organization.
- Will be available to times and events when evenings and weekends will be required to fulfill duties.
- Listens well, shares work-related information, is open to others’ perspectives, work styles and methods.
- Willingly collaborates and cooperates with others in the organization.
- Develops effective working relationships at all levels and values these relationships as critical to effective work.
- Ability to address conflict in a respectful manner.
- Expresses ideas clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Consistently follows through on projects and issues.
- Flexible, adaptable and responsive to change.
- Ability to adequately respond to requests and demands in a timely manner.
- Adept at modifying plans/strategies as needed to best meet the needs of those involved.
ANTICIPATED SALARY AND BENEFITS (FULL TIME ONLY):
- $15.03 – 16.00 per hour (plus $1.50 per hour rate differential if working 3rd shift)
- Health, dental and vision coverage
- Paid parental leave
- Generous PTO and holiday pay
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Long term disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- YWCA Retirement Fund
- Automatic enrollment in the YWCA National Retirement Fund upon completion of two years of employment (1,000 hours or more worked per year). Employer contributes 7.5% and YWCA USA contributes 3% to contribute a total of 10.5% of gross pay.
YWCA Dayton Culture and Values
Empowering Women and Eliminating Racism
YWCA Dayton is part of the largest and oldest multicultural women’s organization in the world; we leverage that collective strength into a unified movement joined through the comprehensive mission of eliminating racism, empowering women, and promoting peace, justice, freedom, and dignity for all.
Founded in 1870, YWCA Dayton lives its mission and is a champion of women and girls in three key ways: direct service programming, community outreach and education, and advocacy and public policy support. Our core services are focused on preventing and responding to gender-based violence; supporting women’s economic empowerment; strengthening women and girls’ leadership development; and advocating for legislation and policies that promote racial and social justice for women and girls.
- Emergency shelter and crisis support services for women and children fleeing domestic violence
- Crisis and counseling services for survivors of sexual assault, human trafficking, and stalking
- Affordable housing and life skills training for single women transitioning to independent living from homelessness or abuse
- Housing assistance for women and children who have experienced domestic violence and families who are experiencing sudden homelessness
- Girls LEAD!, an in-school, after-school, and summer camp empowerment and education program for girls 11-18
YWCA Dayton continues to be a touchstone, a stepping stone, or a resting stone for more than 100 women and children, every day. We are constantly working to ensure that the Miami Valley community will always have amidst its future, a place dedicated to empowering women and eliminating racism.