Case Manager – Preble County | Position Description
YWCA Dayton, dedicated to the empowerment of women and the elimination of racism, seeks an energetic, dedicated person to be an integral part of our team. This person is responsible for assuring that treatment plans and related supportive services will be provided to victims of domestic violence and sexual assault. This position is stationed in Preble County, Ohio. This person supports the mission, vision, and values of YWCA Dayton.
- Provide therapeutic interventions and perform crisis stabilization techniques to aid client safety.
- Assess, orient and facilitate the entry of shelter clients and housing residents.
- Develop a treatment plan, including identifying existing problems and barriers, setting goals and developing an action plan.
- Coordinate and make referrals to appropriate providers and resources.
- Provide all other case management and follow-up services for clients/residents.
- Maintain accurate and on-going documentation in individual client files via electronic record-keeping software, forms and reports following contract requirements, agency and department policies and procedures.
- Respond to client/resident emergencies during work hours and when on call.
- Facilitates/co-facilitates support groups as assigned.
- Assists with daily operations of the program as needed.
- Participate in crisis line back up and on-call rotation.
- Attend agency and department meetings.
- Attend interagency and networking meetings as appropriate.
- Perform other tasks as assigned and required by program goals and objectives.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must be able to represent YWCA Dayton professionally in the community, with a mindset of diversity and inclusion.
- Demonstrates ability to handle emergency situations.
- Shows sensitivity to the needs of individuals, children, and families with trauma.
- Strong analytical skills – able to solve problems, make decisions, perform crisis intervention, etc.
- Good computer skills, with the ability to maintain accurate electronic records.
- Knowledge and understanding of domestic violence, homelessness and interventions in residential settings.
- High level written and verbal communication skills required; and good interpersonal problem resolution skills.
- Must be able to work independently and be an enthusiastic self-starter, who is intelligent, highly creative and innovative in designing and planning, hard-working, punctual, and detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Human Services, Mental Health, Counseling; OR related field required.
- 2-3 years’ experience in crisis intervention, domestic violence or related human service field.
ANTICIPATED SALARY AND BENEFITS:
- $38,000 annually, based on experience
- Health, dental and vision coverage
- Generous PTO and holiday pay
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Long-term disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- YWCA Retirement Fund
- Automatic enrollment in the YWCA National Retirement Fund upon completion of two years of employment (1,000 hours or more worked per year). Employer contributes 7.5% and YWCA USA contributes 3% to contribute a total of 10.5% of gross pay.
YWCA Dayton Culture and Values
Empowering Women and Eliminating Racism
YWCA Dayton is part of the largest and oldest multicultural women’s organization in the world; we leverage that collective strength into a unified movement joined through the comprehensive mission of eliminating racism, empowering women, and promoting peace, justice, freedom, and dignity for all.
Founded in 1870, YWCA Dayton lives its mission and is a champion of women and girls in three key ways: direct service programming, community outreach and education, and advocacy and public policy support. Our core services are focused on preventing and responding to gender-based violence; supporting women’s economic empowerment; strengthening women and girls’ leadership development; and advocating for legislation and policies that promote racial and social justice for women and girls.
- Emergency shelter and crisis support services for women and children fleeing domestic violence
- Crisis and counseling services for survivors of sexual assault, human trafficking, and stalking
- Affordable housing and life skills training for single women transitioning to independent living from homelessness or abuse
- Housing assistance for women and children who have experienced domestic violence and families who are experiencing sudden homelessness
- Girls LEAD!, an in-school, after-school, and summer camp empowerment and education program for girls 11-18
YWCA Dayton continues to be a touchstone, a stepping stone, or a resting stone for more than 100 women and children, every day. We are constantly working to ensure that the Miami Valley community will always have amidst its future, a place dedicated to empowering women and eliminating racism.