AMEND Together Program Specialist | Position Description
YWCA Dayton, dedicated to the empowerment of women and the elimination of racism, seeks an energetic, dedicated person to be an integral part of our AMEND Together team. AMEND Together is a primary prevention initiative dedicated to ending violence against women and girls by engaging men and boys to be a part of the solution. The AMEND Together Program Specialist is responsible for monitoring the effectiveness of the AMEND Together Club program in respect to grants and assisting in the expansion of the AMEND Together Club train-the-trainer program. This person supports the vision, mission and values of YWCA Dayton.
- Facilitates creative and experiential AMEND Together clubs to K-12 aged boys in accordance with youth development principles, always maintaining appropriate staff-student ratio.
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with school administrators, staff and appropriate community agencies to provide quality services to program participants.
- Serves as a liaison between schools and AMEND Together.
- Creates and maintains a safe learning environment that is student-centered, mission-focused and accessible to a diverse student body.
- Maintains student retention in accordance with fiscal year goals.
- Achieves outcomes as determined by fiscal year objectives.
- Participates in YWCA Amend Together activities and/or events as needed.
- Recruits students and faculty to participate in YWCA AMEND Together activities and/or events, as needed.
- Tracks daily attendance, outcomes and other statistics; submits accurate and timely reports as required in ETO.
- Maintains confidential student records in compliance with FERPA.
- Facilitates student service learning projects.
- Recruits, enrolls and provides program orientation for youth in targeted schools.
- Purchases and packages supplies for all sites.
- Believes in the value and potential of every student.
- Impacts student progress in academics, attendance, and behavior using data points/outcomes.
- Provides family outreach, involving students’ parents in student activities through regular communication.
- Provides training and supervision to program volunteers, as needed.
- Actively participates in team meetings, all-staff meetings, and other meetings as required.
- Performs other duties as required and assigned.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Understanding of racial equity and social justice issues and a demonstrated sensitivity to the needs of those we serve.
- High level of reasoning, with the ability to use good judgment and experience to plan and accomplish goals.
- High level of verbal and written communication required. Ability to effectively present information to employees, stakeholders, contractors, residents, and clients.
- Conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to manage time, prioritize and work well with groups.
- Willingness to support the mission and vision of YWCA Dayton and able to convey its importance both verbally and in writing.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in education, social work or related field, plus 2-3 years of experience of teaching or facilitating to youth.
COMMITMENT TO SERVICE:
- Must be responsive to the needs and requests of clients, residents, staff and Board of Directors.
- Must extend courtesy, friendliness and overall respect to all of the above.
- Will collaborate with other staff and/or departments to meet the needs of the organization.
- Will be available to times and events when evenings and weekends will be required to fulfill duties.
- Listens well, shares work-related information, is open to others’ perspectives, work styles and
- Willingly collaborates and cooperates with others in the organization.
- Develops effective working relationships at all levels and values these relationships as critical to
- Ability to address conflict in a respectful manner.
- Expresses ideas clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Consistently follows through on projects and issues.
- Flexible, adaptable and responsive to change.
- Ability to adequately respond to requests and demands in a timely manner.
- Adept at modifying plans/strategies as needed to best meet the needs of those involved.
- $41,200 annual salary
- Health, dental and vision coverage
- Paid Parental Leave
- Generous PTO and holiday pay
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Long-term disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- YWCA Retirement Fund
YWCA Dayton Culture and Values
Empowering Women and Eliminating Racism
YWCA Dayton is part of the largest and oldest multicultural women’s organization in the world; we leverage that collective strength into a unified movement joined through the comprehensive mission of eliminating racism, empowering women, and promoting peace, justice, freedom, and dignity for all.
Founded in 1870, YWCA Dayton lives its mission and is a champion of women and girls in three key ways: direct service programming, community outreach and education, and advocacy and public policy support. Our core services are focused on preventing and responding to gender-based violence; supporting women’s economic empowerment; strengthening women and girls’ leadership development; and advocating for legislation and policies that promote racial and social justice for women and girls.
- Emergency shelter and crisis support services for women and children fleeing domestic violence
- Crisis and counseling services for survivors of sexual assault, human trafficking, and stalking
- Affordable housing and life skills training for single women transitioning to independent living from homelessness or abuse
- Housing assistance for women and children who have experienced domestic violence and families who are experiencing sudden homelessness
- Girls LEAD!, an in-school, after-school, and summer camp empowerment and education program for girls 11-18
YWCA Dayton continues to be a touchstone, a stepping stone, or a resting stone for more than 100 women and children, every day. We are constantly working to ensure that the Miami Valley community will always have amidst its future, a place dedicated to empowering women and eliminating racism.