Accounts Payable Manager | Position Description
YWCA Dayton, dedicated to the empowerment of women and the elimination of racism, seeks a dedicated person to be an integral part of the team. The Accounts Payable Manager, as a part of the Finance team, is responsible for maintaining financial data and effectively communicating the information within. The Accounts Payable Manager has a demonstrated high level of professionalism and interpersonal communication skills. This person is responsible for providing organized, proactive and flexible support in order to meet the needs of the organization efficiently and accurately. This person supports the vision, mission and values of YWCA Dayton.
- Accurate and timely maintenance of the accounts payable subledger.
- Assist in ensuring that reports are produced timely and accurately from financial software.
- Oversee accounts payable process including obtaining and maintaining approval of invoices, purchase requests, coding and input of invoices, credit card monitoring, and paying vendors.
- Maintain vendor relationships.
- Reconcile vendor balances on as-needed basis.
- Maintain and organize various spreadsheets for grant expenditures, vendor spending, and cash flow.
- Provide data to assist management with information and grant requests; and to assist with organizing, implementing and evaluating programs.
- Complete monthly credit card reconciliations.
- Maintain technical knowledge of accounting database functionality, records, files and software updates.
- Responsible for filing and record retention of financial documents for the agency.
- Assist the Accounting Manager in payroll time card filing and reconciliations.
- Other duties as assigned to assist the Accounting Manager and Finance Director in other projects.
- Meet goals and objectives in accordance to organizational strategic plan.
- Assist with various administrative needs of Business Office as needed.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Proven high level of professionalism and poise during interpersonal interactions.
- High regard for attention to detail.
- Experience working with people of diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills.
- Understands motives and tasks to help the organization run more efficiently and have the confidence to recommend and take initiative.
- Flexibility with the ability to handle many tasks with few errors.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer skills, with the ability to learn new programs.
- Able to work well both independently and in a team environment.
- Self-motivated, creative, and shows innovation.
- Discretion regarding confidential information.
- Demonstrated commitment to and championing of the organizational mission and vision.
- Punctual and personable, with strong multi-tasking skills.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Ability to work in deadline-driven environments.
- Demonstrated intermediate to advanced office experience and skilled in using Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and handle multiple assignments with competing priorities.
COMMITMENT TO SERVICE:
- Must be responsive to the needs and requests of clients, residents, staff and Board of Directors.
- Must extend courtesy, friendliness and overall respect to all of the above.
- Will collaborate with other staff and/or departments to meet the needs of the organization.
- Will be available to times and events when evenings and weekends will be required to fulfill duties.
- Listens well, shares work-related information, is open to others’ perspectives, work styles and
- Willingly collaborates and cooperates with others in the organization.
- Develops effective working relationships at all levels and values these relationships as critical to
- Ability to address conflict in a respectful manner.
- Expresses ideas clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Consistently follows through on projects and issues.
- Flexible, adaptable and responsive to change.
- Ability to adequately respond to requests and demands in a timely manner.
- Adept at modifying plans/strategies as needed to best meet the needs of those involved.
ANTICIPATED SALARY & BENEFITS:
- $45,000 annually
- Health, dental and vision coverage
- Paid parental leave
- Generous PTO and holiday pay
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Long term disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- YWCA Retirement Fund
YWCA Dayton Culture and Values
Empowering Women and Eliminating Racism
YWCA Dayton is part of the largest and oldest multicultural women’s organization in the world; we leverage that collective strength into a unified movement joined through the comprehensive mission of eliminating racism, empowering women, and promoting peace, justice, freedom, and dignity for all.
Founded in 1870, YWCA Dayton lives its mission and is a champion of women and girls in three key ways: direct service programming, community outreach and education, and advocacy and public policy support. Our core services are focused on preventing and responding to gender-based violence; supporting women’s economic empowerment; strengthening women and girls’ leadership development; and advocating for legislation and policies that promote racial and social justice for women and girls.
- Emergency shelter and crisis support services for women and children fleeing domestic violence
- Crisis and counseling services for survivors of sexual assault, human trafficking, and stalking
- Affordable housing and life skills training for single women transitioning to independent living from homelessness or abuse
- Housing assistance for women and children who have experienced domestic violence and families who are experiencing sudden homelessness
- Girls LEAD!, an in-school, after-school, and summer camp empowerment and education program for girls 11-18
YWCA Dayton continues to be a touchstone, a stepping stone, or a resting stone for more than 100 women and children, every day. We are constantly working to ensure that the Miami Valley community will always have amidst its future, a place dedicated to empowering women and eliminating racism.