Accountant | Position Description
YWCA Dayton, dedicated to the elimination of racism and the empowerment of women, seeks an energetic, dedicated person to be an integral part of our team. The Accountant, as part of the Accounting and Finance team, is responsible for working with volunteer external and internal stakeholders, Board of Directors, and YW clients and residents to support and strengthen the mission of the YWCA. This person supports the vision, mission, and values of YWCA Dayton.
- Accurate and timely maintenance of the general ledger, including the posting of monthly journal entries and accruals
- Process all Accounts Receivable/cash receipts into general ledger
- Monitor temporarily restricted accounts
- Balance sheet account reconciliations
- Responsible for the completion and accuracy of the Accounts Receivable process: collects, records and deposits daily physical cash receipts; records daily EFT cash receipts; reconciliation of cash receipts, bank deposits, and petty cash for multiple departments; reconciliation with development department for donor tracking
- Calculates monthly payroll allocations and prepares detailed payroll spreadsheet; records related JV in accounting system
- Organize spreadsheets by program to allocate costs to grants for monthly reporting
- Prepare monthly financial reporting for all agency departments
- Completes monthly bank reconciliations
- Responsible for all aspect of payroll and for onboarding in collaboration with the Human Resources Business Partner
- Responsible for majority of filing and record retention of all financial documents for the agency
- Other duties as assigned to assist the Finance Director in month-end closing, budget process, journal entries and other projects
- Develop and maintain contacts with vendors, banking personnel and other business partners who are relevant to ensuring the financial operations success of the YWCA
- Meets goals and objectives in accordance to organizational strategic plan
- Performs other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business or related field; or a combination of an Associate’s degree with three to five years’ relevant work experience
- Demonstrated intermediate to advanced office experience and skilled in using Microsoft Excel
- Payroll experience is preferred
- High level oral communication, written communication and presentation skills
- Experience working in deadline-driven environments
- Ability to work well in a team environment and handle multiple assignments with competing priorities
- High level written and oral presentation skills; and an ability to relate with poise and self-confidence to diverse groups and stakeholders
- Keen understanding of YWCA USA and YWCA Dayton mission, vision, history and programs
- Demonstrated commitment to and championing of the organizational mission and vision
- Must be able to work independently and be an enthusiastic self-starter, who is intelligent, highly creative and innovative in designing and planning, hard-working, punctual, detail-oriented, and personable, with strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail and follow through is a must
- Ability to concentrate and move easily from one project to another, i.e. the ability to multi-task
- Understands motives and therefore tasks to help the organization run more efficiently and have the confidence to recommend and take initiative
- Has a strong respect for diversity and inclusion
COMMITMENT TO SERVICE:
- Must be responsive to the needs and request of staff, volunteers, donors and Board of Directors.
- Must extend courtesy, friendliness and overall respect to all of the above.
- Will collaborate with other staff and/or departments to meet the needs of the organization.
- Will be available to times and events when evenings and weekends will be required to fulfill duties.
- Listens well, shares work-related information, is open to others’ perspectives, work styles and methods.
- Willingly collaborates and cooperates with others in the organization.
- Develops effective working relationships at all levels and values these relationships as critical to effective work.
- Ability to address conflict in a respectful manner.
- Expresses ideas clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Consistently follows through on projects and issues.
- Flexible, adaptable and responsive to change.
- Ability to adequately respond to requests and demands in a timely manner.
- Adept at modifying plans/strategies as needed to best meet the needs of those involved.
ANTICIPATED SALARY RANGE: $40,000-$55,000 per year, based on experience, plus health, dental, and other insurance benefits.
TO APPLY: Please submit a letter of interest and your résumé to:
Human Resource Department
141 W. Third St.
Dayton, Ohio 45402
YWCA Dayton Culture and Values
Empowering Women and Eliminating Racism
YWCA Dayton is part of the largest and oldest multicultural women’s organization in the world; we leverage that collective strength into a unified movement joined through the comprehensive mission of eliminating racism, empowering women, and promoting peace, justice, freedom, and dignity for all.
Founded in 1870, YWCA Dayton lives its mission and is a champion of women and girls in three key ways: direct service programming, community outreach and education, and advocacy and public policy support. Our core services are focused on preventing and responding to gender-based violence; supporting women’s economic empowerment; strengthening women and girls’ leadership development; and advocating for legislation and policies that promote racial and social justice for women and girls.
- Emergency shelter and crisis support services for women and children fleeing domestic violence
- Crisis and counseling services for survivors of sexual assault, human trafficking, and stalking
- Affordable housing and life skills training for single women transitioning to independent living from homelessness or abuse
- Housing assistance for women and children who have experienced domestic violence and families who are experiencing sudden homelessness
- Girls LEAD!, an in-school, after-school, and summer camp empowerment and education program for girls 11-18
YWCA Dayton continues to be a touchstone, a stepping stone, or a resting stone for more than 100 women and children, every day. We are constantly working to ensure that the Miami Valley community will always have amidst its future, a place dedicated to empowering women and eliminating racism.