YWCA Dayton is dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women, and promoting peace, justice, freedom, and dignity for all.
We lead the way for women to become the driving force behind their own success in a community free of racial and economic barriers, because every woman within our reach deserves to be safe, supported, and empowered to unleash her full potential.
- Respect – We believe everyone has value and treat them as such and hold staff, clients, residents, and visitors in the highest regard.
- Commitment – We pledge ourselves fully to the community, our clients, and our residents.
- Diversity – We embrace and respect all people and advocate for equitable communities free of hostility and intolerance.
- Integrity – We act in line with high principles. We are reliable and trustworthy. We keep our word.
In pursuit of this mission, YWCA upholds the following values in philosophy and practice:
- We believe in and promote racial justice and economic empowerment.
- We believe in the unique and often unrealized role of women in community leadership.
- We believe in encouraging and mentoring young women under 30 to become decision makers within the YWCA and the community at large.
- We believe all women need support, encouragement, and the mentoring of other women to achieve their highest potential.
- We believe in and promote advocacy, community service, collaboration, and using our success for the benefit of others.
- We believe in and promote stewardship of resources, integrity, and accountability through fiscal responsibility, self evaluation, and reporting of all activities and service outcomes.
- We believe all YWCA clients, staff and volunteers are entitled to respect, equal access to quality services and fair treatment.