The job of the Board of Directors is to focus on the mission and outward vision of YWCA
Dayton with an emphasis on strategic leadership, proactivity, and long-term impacts.
The Board’s specific contributions are unique to its trusteeship role and necessary for
proper governance and management.
- Serve as an ambassador for the YW mission in line with YWCA USA standards
- Determine and carry out YWCA Dayton policies and programs
- Ensure YWCA Dayton policies and practices reflect the organizational commitment to
racial, ethnic, cultural, and age diversity;
- Control operating funds and capital assets for the use and benefit of YWCA Dayton
- Maintain accounting standards and solvency in accordance with generally accepted
- Operate in compliance with applicable law
- Assume final responsibility for personnel policies and the employment of the CEO
- Ensure that YWCA Dayton participates in peer review and accreditation processes
YWCA is the world’s oldest and largest multicultural organization for women. Since 1870, YWCA Dayton has been a convener of women’s voices – lifting up their needs, triumphs, and challenges so that together, we all rise. When you add your voice to this legacy of leadership, you’ll also:
- Strengthen your public profile and community connections
- Gain experiences and skills you might not get to practice elsewhere
- Attend exclusive YWCA Dayton events and leadership development
The Nominating Committee presents Board nominees to the full Board of Directors in advance of the last regular meeting prior to the Annual Meeting of the Association, which is held each year on the last Tuesday in June. To be considered, please submit the form below and we will be in touch per this schedule.