Building strong futures
YWCA Dayton is committed to fostering leadership development in girls and recognizing legacy leaders among women in the Miami Valley. Our signature girls’ program, Girls LEAD! (Leadership Education Activism Development), serves as a prevention education bridge over our adult crisis intervention services. From in-school peer groups to after-school leadership mentoring to summer day camp, our research-based Girls LEAD! curriculum helps girls grow in strength, courage, and wisdom. Because girls with confidence become women of influence.
Our Women of Influence awards, given annually in March (Women’s History Month), celebrate our region’s most influential and impactful women. More than 150 honorees have been recognized to date.
Our Youth Services Commitment:
- To provide accurate and timely information, referrals, and educational resources to girls ages 11 to 18 that will help them avoid risky behaviors, build strong relationships, and make healthy decisions for their future
- To involve girls in community service projects
- To mentor young women into leadership roles
- To encourage girls to stay in school and pursue higher education and/or career goals
Lakesha, Girls LEAD! Alumna
• Summer Camp
Women of Influence
• Circle of Influence
• Annual Reunions
• Online Discussion Network
• Trainings & Workshops
• Information & Handouts