Center for Survivors of Sexual Violence
YWCA Dayton is accredited as the only Rape Crisis Center in Montgomery and Preble counties and operates our region’s longest-running 24-hour, year-round crisis hotline. All services are free and confidential.
If you, or someone you know, is experiencing or has experienced sexual violence, our 24/7 crisis hotline is always available:
If you are in immediate need of assistance, call 911.
- Support Groups
- Body Talk Trauma-Informed Yoga
- Prevention Education
- Program Accreditation
- Community Partners
Trained crisis support staff from YWCA Dayton hold several different online community support rooms for anyone affected by sexual violence: survivors, family, friends, and/or loved ones. Sessions are free and confidential and facilitated by trained, trauma-informed, confidential advocates. Advance registration not required, but virtual options do require you to email for link.
Benefits of open support rooms include:
- Realizing you are not alone
- Expressing your feelings
- Learning helpful information
- Improved social skills
- Gaining hope
- Reducing stress
- Increased self-understanding
- Helping others
Bi-monthly sexual violence support groups are held in partnership with Womanline on the first and third or second and fourth Tuesdays of each month at 6:30-8 p.m. Held virtually during the COVID-19 pandemic. Groups are private; email firstname.lastname@example.org to join.
Weekly online group chats for sexual violence survivors, friends/family of survivors, and those seeking information and resources about sexual health are held in partnership with RAINN per the schedule below. Follow link below to join. HelpRoom is an anonymous, confidential online group chat option that allows those who have been affected by sexual violence to connect with one another. Trained staff facilitate these group discussions to ensure a safe environment for all visitors.
- Survivors of Sexual Violence Support Group
- Wednesdays @ 10-11 a.m.
- LGBTQIA+ Identifying Survivors Support Group
- Fridays @ 2-3 p.m.
- SOAR (Survivors Overcoming Abuse & Rape) – Join us and co-facilitators from the Greater Dayton LGBT Center on the first Monday of each month, 7-8 p.m. Open to anyone identifying as LGBTQIA+ who has been affected by sexual violence, including survivors, family, friends, and/or loved ones. Meets virtually (email email@example.com for link) or in person at the Greater Dayton LGBT Center, 24 N. Jefferson St., Suite #200, Dayton, OH 45402.
- Friends and Families of Survivors Support Group
- Fridays @ 10-11 a.m.
HelpRoom link: https://affiliate.rainn.org/helproom/ywcadayton
Counseling with professional therapists, who have experience supporting survivors of sexual assault, is available in both Montgomery and Preble counties.
- Emotional Support & Counseling
- Information & Referral
- Victim Advocacy
- Crisis Intervention
Thursdays from Sept. 1 through Nov. 17, 2022
YWCA Dayton Huber Heights Campus
7650 Timbercrest Dr.
YWCA Dayton’s Center for Survivors of Sexual Violence presents Body Talk, a 12-week trauma-informed yoga course focused on healing and restoration.
Join us for any and all weeks for 90 minutes of trauma-sensitive yoga, guided meditation breathing techniques, and a facilitated psycho-educational discussion to release trauma from the body and restore homeostasis. Through Body Talk, we seek to provide an environment built on safety, strength, trust, validation, compassion, relief and release.
To register or for more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 937-461-5550. Virtual option available!
YWCA Dayton promotes social change and the elimination of sexual violence through prevention education, inclusive programming, and community collaboration. Topics include:
- Rape culture and consent
- Bystander intervention
- Accomplices and allies trainings
- Community education workshops
- Identifying and responding to sexual assault
- Advocating for systemic change
Gem City Safe Bars
YWCA Dayton operates Gem City Safe Bars, a bystander intervention training program for bars and restaurants. Learn more HERE.
YWCA Dayton’s sexual assault services are certified by the Ohio Alliance to End Sexual Violence. We are the first and only certified Rape Crisis Center in Montgomery and Preble counties. To earn this designation, our agency’s work is reviewed every four years according to the Core Standards for Rape Crisis Programs in Ohio:
24-hour crisis hotline
- Criminal justice/legal advocacy
Ethics and accountability
In partnership with our community, YWCA Dayton commits to building relationships based on mutual professional respect and inclusion to best serve survivors in the Miami Valley. Some of our community partners include:
- Preble County Prosecutor’s Office
- Women Helping Women
- Dayton International Peace Museum
- Greater Dayton LGBT Center
- Abolition Ohio
- Ohio Alliance to End Sexual Violence
- Eaton Police Department
- Preble County Sheriff
- Preble County Samaritan Behavioral Health
SERVED THIS YEAR
223 HOURS OF COUNSELING
PROVIDED THIS YEAR
1,880 HOURS OF TRAINING
PROVIDED THIS YEAR