Crisis Hotline Services
YWCA Dayton operates our region’s longest-running 24-hour, year-round crisis hotline: 937-222-SAFE. It opened in 1977 and remains the only such helpline serving Preble County. All services are free and confidential.
If you, or someone you know, is experiencing domestic violence, our 24/7 crisis and domestic violence hotline is always available:
If you are in immediate need of assistance, call 911.
YWCA Dayton provides confidential services that are available 24-hours a day, 365 days a year, free to victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, human trafficking, and other forms of intimate partner and gender-based violence.
- 24/7/365 call response
- Crisis intervention
- Safety planning
- Supportive listening
- Community information and resources
- Service referrals
In 2017, YWCA Dayton’s 24/7 crisis and domestic violence hotline was upgraded to a stand-alone call center. It now features:
- State-of-the-art IT hardware and software that allows hotline staff to record their work at the point of service and connect those efforts to eventual client outcomes.
- A larger, centralized hotline call center space. Each station is equipped with two monitors: one to collect data from each call, and another to allow staff to – simultaneously – research resources and communicate those in real time to callers.
- An upgraded, cloud-based call system that provides metrics and reports that better inform staff schedules and provide critical data to study call trends and needs.
In partnership with our community, YWCA Dayton commits to building relationships based on mutual professional respect and inclusion to best serve survivors in the Miami Valley. Some of our community partners include:
- Family Violence Prevention Center
- Artemis Center
- Project Woman
- St. Vincent de Paul
ANSWERED LAST YEAR
AVERAGE CALL TIME
8 ONSITE CRISIS SUPPORT SPECIALISTS
"I suspected a colleague of mine was experiencing an abusive relationship, but I had no idea how to help. When I called the YWCA Dayton hotline, the staff was so helpful and supportive. They didn't make me feel silly or stupid for asking questions."
LaToya has been a part of our Crisis Support Specialist team for several years. Her favorite aspect of the upgraded call center is how peaceful it is. "It really allows us to focus on callers' needs."