YWCA Dayton's Monthly Recipes
Healthy Ice Cream Sandwiches (Strawberry Banana)
- 5 ripe bananas
- ¾ cup sweet diced strawberries
- 11 sheets of graham crackers
- Slice bananas into disks.
- Place in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment.
- Freeze for 2 hours or until frozen.
- Place banana slices in a food processor and blend until creamy.
- Scoop banana into a large bowl and fold in diced strawberries.
- Line an 8 x 8 dish with parchment paper.
- Spread banana mixture into the pan in an even layer.
- Cut banana mixture into squares (use a graham cracker as a pattern)
- Assemble ice cream sandwiches.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and place in a freezer bag to store.
Sunny Pumpkin Cherry Bars
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup barley
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup sunflower seed butter or peanut butter
- 1 15- ounce can pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup dried unsweetened cherries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix together oats, barley, chia seeds, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, mix together honey and sunflower seed butter. Microwave until warmed and pour-able, stirring every 20-30 seconds so as not to burn. Stir in pumpkin puree and egg.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and mix well. Fold in the cherries.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking dish and bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool before cutting.